Wireless Internet Public Access Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the EICU_Public access wireless Internet service (Wi-Fi).
The following terms and conditions are specific to wireless access. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time.
Information on the Internet
EICU does not guarantee the quality of information on the Internet. It is your responsibility as a user of the service, to determine the validity, quality and relevance of the information obtained.
Logging in and out of EICU_Public Wi-Fi
To use the EICU_Public Wi-Fi, you need a wireless enabled device with an ability to use a browser that has its own power source. You must agree to accept these terms and conditions of use by clicking the “I agree” button.
You will be automatically logged out of the EICU_Public Wi-Fi if:
- Your access is terminated by reason of a breach of these terms and conditions.
- The wireless connection you are accessing is lost, disconnected, or becomes out of range.
- No activity is detected from your wireless enabled device for a continual period of 30 minutes while logged on to the EICU_Public Wi-Fi.
Unacceptable use of the Internet includes, but is not limited to:
- Destruction of or damage to equipment, software, or data belonging to EICU, including
- Intentional unauthorised copying of copyright-protected resources or infringement of licence agreements and other contracts. It is the responsibility of users of these resources to determine whether the material is in copyright or find the copyright owner to obtain their permission. Further information and advice are provided by the Australian Copyright Council.
- Violation or attempted violation of the network’s system security
- Violation of the privacy of individuals or entities that are creators, authors, users, or subjects of the information resources
- Unauthorised monitoring of electronic communications
- Inappropriate use of email services, such as spamming, transmitting junk mail or chain letters
- Accessing, downloading, or printing pornographic or other offensive material, detailed in the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 (Cth), which may include, but is not limited to, websites or content that:
- Contains pornography
- Promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm to any group or individual
- Displays gratuitous violence
- Uses frequent, highlighted offensive language
- Could cause EICU to breach any law governing its conduct or to incur a liability to any third party
- Could interfere with the integrity or performance of the Internet service, the network or equipment
- Depicts, alludes to, or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour
- Harasses or promotes harassment to another person
- Contains viruses, Trojans, worms, time bombs, bots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere, or intercept access
EICU uses filtering software to block known offensive websites, as well as gambling and gaming sites, but responsibility for adherence to this code resides with the individual.
Support for User Equipment
EICU does not provide support to configure your equipment for wireless access.
EICU cannot be responsible for any changes you make to your computer’s settings to access the EICU wireless network. EICU recommends that you make a note of any settings before you change them.
EICU cannot always guarantee the security of the wireless network. The access and use of the wireless Internet service is at your own risk. The responsibility to ensure that usernames, passwords, and security-based information are kept private, by using anti-virus software or firewalls, is on the owner or user of the equipment used to connect to the wireless network.
Information sent to and from a device connected to EICU wireless network may be captured by someone else with a wireless device.
EICU does not accept responsibility for any loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, service interruptions, technical difficulties, or transmission of viruses.
EICU respects your right to privacy and will not capture any personal information while you are accessing the wireless Internet service unless consent is granted.
However, once you access the wireless network and opens an Internet browser application to the website, EICU will capture and process information about the web browser type and/or operating system information used by the enabled device to determine the most effective and/or customised means of displaying the requested website on your device.
EICU will collect and store the IP and MAC address of the enabled device that has accessed the wireless network once the terms and conditions have been agreed to.
EICU is not responsible for the use that any third party may make of personal information obtained using the wireless network.
Release and Indemnity
By using EICU’s Wi-Fi, you release and discharge EICU from any liability which might arise from the use of the wireless Internet service including liability in relation to defamatory or offensive material or any breach of the copyright which may occur because of use.
You agree to indemnify and must defend and hold harmless EICU, its employees and agents, from and against all loss, damage, liability, charge, expense (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your breach of these terms and conditions.
Infringements of Conditions
Users who infringe these conditions of use may be asked to leave the premises. Users who refuse to comply with staff directives may be denied further access to EICU.
Illegal acts involving the use of the EICU ICT resources may also be subject to prosecution by local, state, or federal authorities.