Become a Member

Answers to your Important Questions

We understand that sometimes there are questions that you just don’t know the answer to. Use this page as a resource to get all the information that you need to know. Feel free to give us a call at (800)727-9961 if you would rather speak to someone, or if you can’t find the answers to the questions that you have.

Click on a Category to Read More

I have authorized a merchant to automatically withdraw payments from my Savings Account or MMA; do these count against my monthly limit?

Yes. These payments (which you might know as “ACH” or “EFT” transactions) follow Regulation D limitations. Any withdrawals attempted beyond your monthly limit will not be honored, and you may incur a Nonsufficient Funds change. To avoid this situation:

  • Make automatic payments using something other than a Savings Account or MMA, such as a checking account or Overdraft Loan.
  • Contact the merchant to arrange this change, and be aware that your request could take more than a month to go into effect.
  • Alternatively, consider using EICU Bill Pay or your EICU VISA® debit/credit card to automatically send payments to the merchant, rather than authorizing the merchant to automatically withdraw payments.
If an account used for Overdraft Protection has reached its Regulation D limit, will overdraft requests be honored?

No, if the Overdraft Protection account is a Savings Account or MMA. In that case, you may incur a Nonsufficient Funds charge (NSF) for every overdraft attempted beyond your monthly limit. However, if the Overdraft Protection account is an Overdraft Loan (which is not affected by Regulation D) the overdraft will complete normally. To apply for an Overdraft Loan, apply online or contact us.

What are my options once an account has reached it’s Regulation D limit?

You may complete withdrawals and transfers in person, by mail, or at an ATM.

What transactions are not affected by Regulation D?
  • ATM transactions.
  • Transfers made to East Idaho Credit Union loans.
  • Transactions done in person at a financial center.
  • Transactions sent in by mail, Express Drop, messenger, or Night Drop with an original signature.
  • EICU Bill Pay (which uses funds from your checking account).
What is Regulation D?

Regulation D is a federal regulation that limits the number of electronic transfers or checks from money market and savings accounts. Under Regulation D, a maximum of six transfers per month from a savings or a money market are allowed. These transactions include phone requests, Overdraft, Online Banking, email requests and faxed requests. There are no limitations on ATM, in-branch or shared-branch transactions. Please Note: This is a regulation mandated by the federal government. This is not a Credit Union policy.

Federal Regulation D places a monthly limit on the number of transfers you may make from your primary share Savings Accounts or Money Market Accounts (MMAs) without your physical presence being required. Transfers affected by this regulation therefore include:

  • Transfers made using Online Banking.
  • Transfers made using Telephone Banking.
  • Overdraft transfers (made automatically to cover insufficient funds in other accounts; see below).
  • Transfers made by a Member Service Representative on your behalf.
  • Pre-authorized, automatic, scheduled or recurring transfers (see below).

You are allowed six such transfers per month, per account. Please see the ‘What transactions can I do?’ box above for additional explanation.

Where Can I Find East Idaho Credit Union ATM’s?
  1. Along with having an ATM at each of our EICU branches, EICU is part of CO-OP Financial Services Network. This allows you to find and use an ATM that works best for you!
How Do I Recover My EICU Online Password if I Lost/Forgot My Password?
  1. Click on I can’t access my account at the bottom of the EICU login page, insert your phone number and username, then click ‘send me a new password’. If you forgot/lost your username as well, click ‘I forgot my username’ on the right side of the page.
How Do I Log Into EICU Online Banking?
  1. Log into online banking here, click on the “Log In” button at the top of the website, or use our mobile app from any location.
How Do I Get a Replacement Debit Card from East Idaho Credit Union?
  1. Visit one of our local branches to order a replacement debit card, or have them instant issue a card to get a new one printed right then and there.
  2. Give us a call at (800)727-9961 and let us know that you need a replacement debit card.
Are My Funds Federally Insured?
  1. Your funds are federally insured. Your deposits are insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). NCUA is an agency of the federal government.
Where Can I Find My Routing Number for East Idaho Credit Union?
  1. The routing number for East Idaho Credit Union is located at the bottom of the website, under links: 324173082.
  2. The routing number for East Idaho Credit Union is located in the lower left-hand side of your checks: 324173082.
How Do I Open an Account at East Idaho Credit Union?
  1. Give us a call at (800)727-9961 and let them know what kind of financial account that you want to open.
  2. Visit any of our local branches and they will create the account for you.
  3. Find a list of Financial Accounts that East Idaho Credit Union offers.
Am I Eligible to Become a Member of East Idaho Credit Union?
  1. If you live in East Idaho, you probably qualify to become a member of East Idaho Credit Union.
  2. Give us a call at (800)727-9961 and ask if you are eligible to become a member of East Idaho Credit Union.
How to I Become a Member of East Idaho Credit Union?
  1. To become a member of East Idaho Credit Union, give us a call at (800)727-9961 and let us know that you want to become a member.
  2. Visit any of our local branches and let them know that you would like to open an account.
Go to Top